Case Study December 2018
CURRENT MODE OF OPERATION:
- Exchange Server 2003
- Terminal Server (non-licensed)
- Small Business Server 2011
- 2 main emails
- 4 secondary emails
- Using LogMeIn to connect to server and two other workstations on the server
When the client first contacted us about this issue, we had questions about the current setup. The client informed us that someone set up the server and emails years ago but since that person is not being paid for support, he makes himself unavailable.
When we first gained access to the individual computers, we saw that there were two main emails and other inboxes that needed to be exported.
Once exported, our primary issue was trying to get Office 365 to work. The MX records that were needed were not recognized due to the current webhost setup.
To get Office 365 working properly, we moved the domain onto a Cloudflare account. Once propagation was completed, we recreated the email addresses and migrated all data into the correct accounts. We also made super admin accounts to avoid unnecessary lockouts. Other users can always access the domain and reset the passwords as necessary.
Within the coming months, we plan to remove the small business server and move them to a cloud server. The cloud infrastructure will host their account software, POS database, and other files.